- Drawing I, II
- Painting I, II
- Mixed Media
- Advanced Drawing & Painting
- Advanced Portfolio
- Senior Focus
- Digital Arts
- Applicants will bring a portfolio on the day of audition. Original artworks should be no larger than 18in. X 24in. consisting of six works: Two still life drawings and one portrait. The three remaining pieces should be representative of the student’s best work drawn from direct observation representing a range of media.
- Do not submit cartoons, anime, comic book figures or framed images as part of the portfolio.
- All artworks should be from direct observation.
- A completed visual arts inventory sheet (provided by MSA on the day of auditions)
The following will take place with instructions on the day of audition:
- Applicants will participate in an on-site drawing assignment in the art studio. All supplies needed will be provided to the applicant by MSA.
News & Events
Oct 19, 2023 – Jan 12, 2024
Feb 1, 2024 – Mar 7, 2024
Apr 25, 2024 – May 9, 2024
Maurice Calvert is a native of Colorado Springs, CO. He holds a MA in Teaching and a BFA in Graphic Design from Jackson State University. He has worked as a Visual Art Teacher with Jackson Public Schools for eight years. Calvert was the Director of the Christian Athletes Program and he is an active member of the Art Club at Jackson State University.
Brandy Johnson, a native of Brookhaven, is a long-time art teacher in the community. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Art with a minor in Business from Mississippi College. She has been an art teacher for 11 years in the public and private sector for all ages. She has been an interior designer and draftsman as well as taught in Brookhaven School District, Lincoln County School District, Brookhaven Academy, Faith Presbyterian, and privately. She is active with Brookhaven Regional Arts Guild and has participated in art exhibitions regionally.